At Onecare, we are always looking to recruit passionate and dedicated care workers to join our care team. We currently have a fantastic group of care workers, and recruiting good quality staff is crucial to maintaining the quality of care we provide.
To register, simply click on the link below and fill in the online application form.
Official Job Title: Care worker/Support worker
Anticipated start date: ASAP
Job location: Harrow/Wembley/Ealing
Role and responsibilities:
- Domiciliary care to provide personal care and domestic duties
- General care workers duties to undertake personal care tasks as outlined in the Service User’s care/support plan
- To maintain good communication and develop effective working relationships with Service Users
- Liaise with agency staff and/or other professionals as necessary or as directed
- To adhere to all of the OneCare policies and procedures
- To alert Field Care Supervisors/Managers of any changes in the Service User’s condition or circumstances
- To develop good communication links with any carer or family member in the Service User’s home
- Ensure a safe as possible living environment for Service Users whilst respecting Service User’s choice and rights, needs and preferences and promoting independence and choice and control
- Be willing to work within Service Users’ own homes and accept different environments and varying capabilities of Service Users
- Personal Care – Washing/bathing service user’s body and hair, dressing, toileting, helping service user to eat and drink, helping with personal care and appearance, assistance in meal preparation, emptying commode and changing of soiled bedding or clothing as required
- Domestic Care – Laundry, Cleanliness of house, generally making sure Service User is comfortable and warm
- Social Care – To assist in shopping and engaging with the service user and showing interest through talking and listening and encouraging community engagement and involvement
- Community inclusion – To encourage service users to be fully involved in the community and be socially included
- Companionship – To provide companionship and conversation, as well as providing support with household and social activities and care needs.
Willing to work towards EL4U Care Certificate
Experience of working in Social Care
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to display empathy and warmth to all
- To be able to understand and cope with emergency situations
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team and work to a care plan
- Ability to cope with change
- Good planning skills
- Must understand how to promote independence, choice and control and how to respect and preserve an individual’s dignity and understand their needs and preferences.
- Working knowledge of the Domiciliary Care industry and surrounding regulations and legislation Understanding of Regulatory Body functions and requirements.
- Commitment to own professional and personal development.
- Driving licence and own car a bonus.
Free care plan & risk assessment
OneCare is registered with the CQC & recognised by local athorities