OneCare is a specialist service provider in Harrow and London for people with Learning Disabilities, Sensory Impairment, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Dementia, Physical and Mental Disabilities.
Our philosophy is to promote independence, autonomy and involvement in the community as much as realistically possible. We pride ourselves on being able to deliver care to the service user with a person centred approach. Our diverse team of healthcare professionals are sensitive to spiritual, cultural and religious values and have a flexible and dynamic approach in delivering care.
Continuity of care is one of the key strengths of our homecare service. This is achieved by minimising the number of care workers assigned to each service user.
Quality and care can be brought to where you live. You can enjoy these conveniences and comforts in the setting of your own home.
Find our directive principles below:
- Encouragement and support to service users in relation to promoting their autonomy, independence and community involvement.
- A person-centred approach giving dignity, choice and control and to deliver care which considers the needs and preferences of the individual.
- Respecting the service user’s dignity, privacy, cultural and religious values and having a diverse workforce.
- Flexibility, reliability and control of how care is recieved and to be outcome focused.
- Ensuring our healthcare professionals are experienced and skilled to guide you to find other support services, advice and information when required, i.e. counselling etc.
As users of the domiciliary care service we struggled to find healthcare professionals that could meet our needs be they spiritual, emotional, physical or economical. As we networked and developed relationships over the community we knew we were not alone in this plight. We found that good quality healthcare professionals with the right blend of skills and knowledge that promotes dignity, choices and respect were few and far between and very difficult to find.
OneCare was set up to fill the gap of high quality healthcare professionals to service and fulfil the broad range of needs of clients in London. We knew we had the right experiences, emotional intelligence and judgement to be able to identify the needs of the client, their families and also the needs of the healthcare professionals. We knew there was a huge and frustrating demand for this, so this year we took the initiative to meet that demand